You will be responsible primarily for coordinating the preparation of the annual business plan and budget. Other responsibilities include monitoring spending against the approved budget, providing financial expertise, and distributing financial information and trends to management and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the Accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions, including accounts payable and receivable, cash management, fixed assets, month-end close, and payroll.
- Supervise and mentor the company’s finance and accounting team.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting.
- Own all areas of financial reporting with a focus on annual budget preparation, monthly monitoring, analysis, and reporting.
- Investigates budget variances with department managers.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the financial data and perform analysis to identify trends and verify accuracy.
- Evaluate and implement internal controls.
- Prepare internal and external reporting packages.
- Collect data for and oversee issuance of annual assessment invoices.
- Coordinate external audits and proper filing of tax returns in all required jurisdictions.
- BS in Accounting and 5+ years of accounting experience, leading to managerial experience. CPA preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and nice person who plays well with others.