Primary focus is to ensure compliance with Customs laws and regulations in accordance with corporate trade compliance program.
- Be an internal expert for Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HS) classification; research technical characteristics of goods; determine HS code and maintain HS codes in SAP GTS across multiple tariffs; maintain HS classification files and audit trail.
- Knowledgeable about and ability to qualify goods for Free Trade Agreements (FTA).
- Understanding and application of Customs Valuation methods.
- Familiarity with Customs ACE system and serve as the primary liaison to U.S. Customs and other Government agencies concerning pending imports.
- Respond to U.S. Customs and other Government requests e.g., CF28, CF29, Census, etc. in a timely manner.
- Provide in-house entry writer support for HS classification, country of origin, value and other data elements as required to ensure compliant Customs entries.
- Familiarity with Customs’ Entry Reconciliation
- Consult with global business units and locations in integration of compliance program requirements into business process.
- Work proactively with global business teams to maintain quality and availability of trade data elements and minimize disruption and delay in import process.
- Provide training on Customs compliance requirements. Position may require support to global operations outside standard U.S. business working hours.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree a plus
- Licensed U.S. Customs Broker is required.
- 5+ years of experience with Customs and import processes in a medical device or high-tech manufacturing environment, concentrating on HS classification.
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. Customs Regulations, CFR 19, General Rules of Interpretation, Explanatory Notes and Customs publications.