- Collect different quotes from subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Analyze company data, monitor budgets and prices using software packages.
- Review and assess cost estimates.
- Identify labor, material, costs, and time requirements by researching proposals, blueprints, and any related documents.
- Cost analyzes postproduction costs and uses data to inform future project estimates.
- Prepare detailed cost estimate reports.
- Conduct regular risk assessments.
- Oversee the different stages of a company project to ensure that expenses follow the forecast plan.
- Present complex and detailed reports to management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, construction management or equivalent experience.
- Experience in performing take-offs.
- A minimum of 3+ years as an estimator or similar role.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.